Nitish Katara case: HC allows Vishal’s plea to attend sister`s engagement
New Delhi: Delhi High Court on Thursday allowed the plea of Vishal Yadav, serving life imprisonment in the Nitish Katara murder case, to attend his sister`s engagement ceremony on January 3.
Earlier, the engagement ceremony was to be held on December 26 but got postponed as Vishal`s grandfather was ill.
A vacation bench comprising Justices Valmiki Mehta and V K Jain allowed the plea of Vishal, who was earlier granted five-hour custody parole to attend the function.
The bench said Vishal will attend the function on the same terms and conditions imposed by the court in its previous order.
Vishal was granted five hours parole (5pm to 10 pm) to attend the function in the presence of UP and Delhi policemen who will be in plain clothes.
Vishal and Vikas Yadav, nephew and son of controversial Uttar Pradesh Politician D P Yadav, were convicted and sentenced to life imprisonment by a trial court in May last year for killing Katara, son of a former IAS officer, in February 2002 as they were against Katara`s intimacy with their sister Bharati Yadav.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!