Nitish Katara case: HC allows Vishal’s plea to attend sister`s engagement
New Delhi: Delhi High Court on Thursday allowed the plea of Vishal Yadav, serving life imprisonment in the Nitish Katara murder case, to attend his sister`s engagement ceremony on January 3.
Earlier, the engagement ceremony was to be held on December 26 but got postponed as Vishal`s grandfather was ill.
A vacation bench comprising Justices Valmiki Mehta and V K Jain allowed the plea of Vishal, who was earlier granted five-hour custody parole to attend the function.
The bench said Vishal will attend the function on the same terms and conditions imposed by the court in its previous order.
Vishal was granted five hours parole (5pm to 10 pm) to attend the function in the presence of UP and Delhi policemen who will be in plain clothes.
Vishal and Vikas Yadav, nephew and son of controversial Uttar Pradesh Politician D P Yadav, were convicted and sentenced to life imprisonment by a trial court in May last year for killing Katara, son of a former IAS officer, in February 2002 as they were against Katara`s intimacy with their sister Bharati Yadav.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- North Korea floats propaganda leaflets in river for 1st time
- WATCH: Chilling video of Gwalior road mishap and miraculous escape of two scooty riders
- 'Sultan' moment: Salman Khan, nephew Ahil clicked in wrestling mood
- Palestinian killed in exchange of fire with Israeli army
- Girl commits suicide after being ragged in Kerala, three final year students arrested