Nitish Katara case: HC allows Vishal’s plea to attend sister`s engagement
New Delhi: Delhi High Court on Thursday allowed the plea of Vishal Yadav, serving life imprisonment in the Nitish Katara murder case, to attend his sister`s engagement ceremony on January 3.
Earlier, the engagement ceremony was to be held on December 26 but got postponed as Vishal`s grandfather was ill.
A vacation bench comprising Justices Valmiki Mehta and V K Jain allowed the plea of Vishal, who was earlier granted five-hour custody parole to attend the function.
The bench said Vishal will attend the function on the same terms and conditions imposed by the court in its previous order.
Vishal was granted five hours parole (5pm to 10 pm) to attend the function in the presence of UP and Delhi policemen who will be in plain clothes.
Vishal and Vikas Yadav, nephew and son of controversial Uttar Pradesh Politician D P Yadav, were convicted and sentenced to life imprisonment by a trial court in May last year for killing Katara, son of a former IAS officer, in February 2002 as they were against Katara`s intimacy with their sister Bharati Yadav.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday