No confusion in BJP over caste-based census: Javedkar
Patna: BJP on Saturday said there was no confusion
in the party over the issue of carrying out caste-based census
and said it was for Congress to explain its position on the
"There is no confusion on the issue of caste-wise census
within BJP. It is for the Congress to explain its position on
the issue," senior BJP leader Prakash Javedkar said while
reaching the venue for the national executive of party
beginning here this noon.
Javedkar said Congress was "rather confused" over the
issue of carrying out caste-wise census.
Talking about the national executive meeting of BJP
here, Javedkar said the meeting would discuss various issues
like internal security, Bhopal Gas tragedy, besides the issues
related to Maoists problem and discrimination being done by
UPA government to the states ruled by BJP.
Strategy would also be evolved for the elections to the
state assembly in Bihar due towards the end of this year,
besides states like Tamil Nadu, Assam, Kerala to take place
some time next year, he said.
All senior party leaders including L K Advani, party
president Nitin Gadkari, Leader of the Opposition in Lok Sabha
Sushma Swaraj, Leader of the Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun
Jaitley, chief ministers of the party would participate in the
national executive, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda