No confusion in BJP over caste-based census: Javedkar
Patna: BJP on Saturday said there was no confusion
in the party over the issue of carrying out caste-based census
and said it was for Congress to explain its position on the
"There is no confusion on the issue of caste-wise census
within BJP. It is for the Congress to explain its position on
the issue," senior BJP leader Prakash Javedkar said while
reaching the venue for the national executive of party
beginning here this noon.
Javedkar said Congress was "rather confused" over the
issue of carrying out caste-wise census.
Talking about the national executive meeting of BJP
here, Javedkar said the meeting would discuss various issues
like internal security, Bhopal Gas tragedy, besides the issues
related to Maoists problem and discrimination being done by
UPA government to the states ruled by BJP.
Strategy would also be evolved for the elections to the
state assembly in Bihar due towards the end of this year,
besides states like Tamil Nadu, Assam, Kerala to take place
some time next year, he said.
All senior party leaders including L K Advani, party
president Nitin Gadkari, Leader of the Opposition in Lok Sabha
Sushma Swaraj, Leader of the Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun
Jaitley, chief ministers of the party would participate in the
national executive, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding