No confusion regarding Madani`s arrest: Kerala DGP
Kochi: Kerala Police Thursday denied there
was any confusion with its Karnataka counterpart over the
issue of arresting PDP leader Abdul Nasser Madani, an accused
in the Bangalore serial blasts case.
A Karnataka Police team has been camping at Kollam
since August 10 amid reports that Madani`s arrest was likely
to be delayed for security reasons keeping in view the ongoing
three-day visit of President Pratibha Patil and Independence
"We are in close touch with Karnataka Police. Madani
will be arrested at the appropriate time. There is no
confusion on his arrest between us," Kerala DGP Jacob Punnose
told reporters at nearby Aluva.
Madani`s supporters have also gathered in Kollam in
anticipation of his arrest. The PDP leader, whose anticipatory
bail plea was rejected by the Karnataka High Court, has said
he would cooperate in the arrest.
PDP has claimed that Madani was suffering from H1NI
influenza and this had been brought to the notice of Chief
Minister V S Achuthanandan, Home Minister Kodiyeri
Balakrishnan and Health Minister P K Sreemathy.
Madani is listed as an accused in the case relating to
Bangalore blasts on July 25, 2008 which had claimed a woman`s
life and left 20 others injured.
He was the main accused in the Coimbatore serial bomb
blasts case in 1998, in which 58 people were killed but was
acquitted by the trial court.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video