No discussion in BJP on PM candidate: Naidu
New Delhi: Even as Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi is being increasingly perceived as BJP’s best prime ministerial candidate in 2014, some leaders continue to be pensive over the move.
A day after senior BJP leader Sushma Swaraj said Modi is "fit" for the top post, another party leader Venkaiah Naidu played down the entire issue.
“All channels are making Modi as PM candidate, there is no discussion in party about PM, and many have capable candidates, including Modi,” Naidu said.
While campaigning for the upcoming Gujarat elections, Sushma Swaraj had said, "There are no boundaries for the post of Prime Minister. I feel Narendra Modi is capable to become the next PM and I have no doubts about it. He is both capable and suitable for holding the PM`s post."
Other party leaders are also treading the cautious line. Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said, “Right now focus is Gujarat. When national elections are announced in 2013/14 then we will decide PM candidate.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"