No discussion in BJP on PM candidate: Naidu
New Delhi: Even as Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi is being increasingly perceived as BJP’s best prime ministerial candidate in 2014, some leaders continue to be pensive over the move.
A day after senior BJP leader Sushma Swaraj said Modi is "fit" for the top post, another party leader Venkaiah Naidu played down the entire issue.
“All channels are making Modi as PM candidate, there is no discussion in party about PM, and many have capable candidates, including Modi,” Naidu said.
While campaigning for the upcoming Gujarat elections, Sushma Swaraj had said, "There are no boundaries for the post of Prime Minister. I feel Narendra Modi is capable to become the next PM and I have no doubts about it. He is both capable and suitable for holding the PM`s post."
Other party leaders are also treading the cautious line. Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said, “Right now focus is Gujarat. When national elections are announced in 2013/14 then we will decide PM candidate.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof