No hunger strike by soldiers of Rajputana Rifles: MoD
Jammu: Denying reports of soldiers of Rajputana Rifles going on "hunger strike" in protest against the killing of two Army jawans by Pakistani troops, the Ministry of Defence (MoD) on Friday claimed such incidents do not "demoralise" the force.
"The Indian Army is totally professional, disciplined and highly motivated force, which handles all situations in a professional manner at all times, including in Jammu and Kashmir," Public Relation Officer (PRO), MoD, Jammu, Col R K Palta said here today.
"Ours is a highly disciplined and motivated Army, and such incidents do not demoralise our men," he said.
Rejecting local media reports that the soldiers of Rajputana Rifles went on a hunger strike against the killing of their two colleagues on LoC in Poonch, Col Palta said "the morale of the personnel is absolutely high, as at all times".
"The report is factually incorrect and totally baseless. There is no such incident of jawans going on hunger strike in protest against the killing of two soldiers," the PRO said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview