No improvement in Jyoti Basu`s condition
Kolkata: Veteran Marxist leader Jyoti Basu`s condition continued to be critical Monday with no improvement, said a medical bulletin released by the hospital.
"Basu, who was admitted with a pneumonia attack, is still on ventilator support. His condition is critical.
"His cardio vascular system is more or less stable and the urine output also remains the same. But no improvement has been found in his health condition so far," the bulletin said.
The former West Bengal chief minister, 95, was put on ventilator Jan 6 after acute respiratory problems.
The doctors are constantly monitoring Basu and the medical board will again meet at 6 pm today (Monday) to review his heath condition.
"The next bulletin will be released at 7 pm," it said.
"The doctors attending on him think that no dialysis is required yet. Basu is still on liquid diet and his blood pressure is being controlled with the help of medicine," the bulletin pointed out.
The medical bulletin issued by the AMRI Hospital Sunday had said Basu`s general condition was critical but marginally better compared to Saturday. It also mentioned he would continue to be on partial ventilator support.
The improved status of the 95-year-old leader was maintained through Sunday. He responded to calls and was seen moving his hands.
The Communist icon was hospitalised after a pneumonia attack and admitted in the ICCU (Intensive Cardiac Care Unit) of the Salt Lake-based private hospital Jan 1.
Born in 1914 in Kolkata, Basu became chief minister of West Bengal in June 1977. He stepped down voluntarily on health grounds in November 2000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Live TV shootout of American journalists shocks the world
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea