No interaction with Sonia or PM for Congress MPs in this session
New Delhi: Congress may be preparing for a difficult election after 10 years in power, but party MPs failed to have an interaction party chief Sonia Gandhi in the last session of the 15th Lok Sabha which concluded on Friday.
Unlike in the past, there was no general body meeting of the Congress party in Parliament of which Gandhi is the Chairperson for the past 15 years.
Though the second phase of the winter session had 13 sittings, there was no occasion for an interaction between the party MPs and the Congress chief as also Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
Generally ahead of polls, Gandhi used to invite party MPs for dinner.
Congress leadership and the government have been grappling with the Telangana issue all through the session and the bill was passed by Parliament only yesterday.
Lately, Gandhi has stopped interacting with partymen through her column in party mouthpiece "Congress Sandesh", an initiative taken by her a decade back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj