No need for BJP to project PM candidate as of now`
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has said that there is no need for BJP to project anyone as the prime ministerial candidate as of now for the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
"There are many capable leaders in the party and when the time comes any one of them can become the Prime Minister," Chouhan said in an interview.
Asked who will make the best prime ministerial nominee, Chouhan said he had "no view on this" and added that he will go by the party`s thinking in the matter.
He also said that there is no need for BJP president Nitin Gadkari to resign following charges of corruption levelled against him.
"Charges are levelled against many leaders and if someone resigns only because allegations have been made against him, nobody would be left," he expressed.
He also said that charges against Gadkari have not affected the intensity of the BJP`s fight against corruption in Congress.
Chouhan said he is confident that BJP would win next year`s state Assembly elections as the people of Madhya Pradesh are with the party because of the welfare work done by the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday