No need to speculate on Lokpal report: Singhvi
New Delhi: Parliamentary Standing Committee
on the Lokpal issue on Monday said it was futile to speculate on
when it would give its report on the Bill as the Winter
Session has not even started.
"These things are baseless for the simple reason that the
speed till today has been a miracle and the Winter Session has
not even started. Such daily speculation and threats are
futile," Committee Chairman Abhishek Manu Singhvi said.
His statement came close on the heels of reports that the
government has asked the Committee to submit its report at the
The committee, which was given three months time till
December seven to prepare its report, was not in operation for
almost a month as the term of the earlier committee ended and
reconstitution took time.
Team Anna had first appeared before the committee in
August this year after Anna Hazare`s 13-day fast that month
demanding that the Jan Lokpal Bill be passed in the Monsoon
Session of Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands