No need to speculate on Lokpal report: Singhvi
New Delhi: Parliamentary Standing Committee
on the Lokpal issue on Monday said it was futile to speculate on
when it would give its report on the Bill as the Winter
Session has not even started.
"These things are baseless for the simple reason that the
speed till today has been a miracle and the Winter Session has
not even started. Such daily speculation and threats are
futile," Committee Chairman Abhishek Manu Singhvi said.
His statement came close on the heels of reports that the
government has asked the Committee to submit its report at the
The committee, which was given three months time till
December seven to prepare its report, was not in operation for
almost a month as the term of the earlier committee ended and
reconstitution took time.
Team Anna had first appeared before the committee in
August this year after Anna Hazare`s 13-day fast that month
demanding that the Jan Lokpal Bill be passed in the Monsoon
Session of Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’