No nexus between ISI, militant outfits in Meghalaya : BSF
Shillong: The Border Security Force (BSF) has ruled out any nexus between Pakistan`s Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) and militant outfits in Meghalaya.
"As far as our intelligence is concerned there is no nexus between ISI and militant outfits in Meghalaya, especially those in Garo Hills," Sushil Kumar Singh, DIG (G) of BSF, told reporters here.
The paramilitary force guards Meghalaya`s 443-km-long international border with Bangladesh.
The statement came in the wake of Chief Minister Mukul Sangma blaming the breakaway faction of Achik National Volunteer Council (ANVC-B) for killing migrant labourers from Assam at the behest of ISI to foment communal tension.
"We cannot rule out any larger conspiracy to create problem across the region, not only in Garo Hills but across the region because when an organization like ANVC-B is indulging in selective murder killings of members belonging to one particular community and faith and that also hailing from neigbouring state (of Assam)," Mukul had alleged.
"I have directed the investigating agency to find out as to who are the smart minds behind these people who are guiding them. We did not rule out the involvement of ISI and other anti-national elements in killing migrant labourers to create communal tension," he had said.
ANVC-B, one of the two signatories of a peace agreement with the Centre and the state government, has become vocal against the chief minister following the arrest of 24 cadres belonging to it last month on charges of killing of migrant labourers from Assam.
The outfit had also welcomed a probe by central investigative agencies in the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre