No outbreak of any disease in flood-ravaged U`khand: Health Ministry
The government on Sunday said there has been no outbreak of any disease in flood-ravaged Uttarakhand.
New Delhi: The government on Sunday said there has been no outbreak of any disease in flood-ravaged Uttarakhand.
"No outbreak of water borne, food borne, air borne or direct contact diseases has been reported from affected areas," the Health Ministry said in a statement.
Earlier on June 27, the Ministry had said no outbreak of any water, food or air-borne disease has been reported from flood-affected areas.
While health surveillance is being conducted in all affected districts, it said that after picking up early warning signals, diarrhoea cases in Haridwar Alwalpur), Uttarkashi (Udvi) and Rudraprayag (Chandrapuri) have been managed at incipient stage.
A three-member Public Health team from All India Institute of Hygiene and Public Health Kolkata are expected to reach the state today even as three central public health teams have been posted in the affected areas of Chamoli and Joshimath.
Besides, a two-member public health teams from Delhi have reached Dehradun and have been placed at the service of the state health authorities, the statement said.
The remaining two teams comprising three members from NIMHANS, Bangalore for psycho-social support are on route to join the first team already deployed in the affected areas.
On the other hand, three teams of specialists clinicians from Central government hospitals have been deployed to assist the Uttarakhand government. They consist of two cardiologists, two medical specialists and two psychiatrists.
A specialist from National Vector Borne Disease Control Programme has been placed with the state government for providing assistance on matters pertaining to vector borne diseases, the statement said.