No question of `rethink` on Hindutva: Rajnath
Bangalore: BJP President Rajnath Singh on Saturday
asserted that the party will not deviate from its core
ideologies of "Hindutva" and "cultural nationalism", saying
that there is no question of a "rethink" on this.
Singh said after the Lok Sabha elections in which the
BJP`s tally decreased significantly, some political analysts,
to his "surprise", commented that it is time for the party to
have a fresh look at its "ideology" and "political thinking".
Was the election a referendum on BJP`s ideologies, he
asked in his speech at the two-day state executive committee
meeting of the party here.
"Win or loss, we will not deviate from our path. We will
not compromise on Hindutva and cultural identity," Singh said.
He also reiterated that the party is opposed to
reservation based on religion.
Singh claimed that the Left Front lost the Lok Sabha
elections -- with their strength coming down from 62 to 17 --
because they deviated from ideology on the Nandigram issue.
He said India was moving towards a bi-polar polity --
with Congress and BJP -- noting that in the Lok Sabha polls,
none of the regional parties could get more than 25 seats.
The BJP chief claimed the UPA government has lost its
grip on the economy, pointing out that fiscal deficit has gone
up to 6.2 percent of the country`s GDP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez