No relief for Rathore, case deferred till tomorrow
Chandigarh: Disgraced former Haryana DGP SPS
Rathore, sentenced to 18-month prison term by a court here in
Ruchika molestation case, Monday failed to get any relief as
the Punjab and Haryana High Court deferred the hearing on his
revision petition seeking bail till tomorrow.
68-year-old Rathore`s lawyer wife Abha Rathore had filed
the review petition on his behalf in the High Court on May 26
seeking bail, a day after he was sentenced and lodged in the
high-security Burail jail here
The single vacation bench of Justice Ajay Tewari deferred
the case till tomorrow.
On May 28, High Court Judge, Justice Gurdev Singh had
posted the matter for today on the plea of the CBI counsel
that the investigating agency had not received copy of the
In her petition, Abha Rathore had alleged that the
appellate court had on May 25 passed the order "under media
She had pleaded that the former DGP was facing "severe
Rathore was jailed after a sessions court had enhanced his
prison term to 18 months for molesting teenager Ruchika
Girhotra--who later committed suicide, 20 years back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location