No role in the controversy: Corporation Bank CMD
Kochi: Corporation Bank on Saturday said it had not extended overdraft facility of Rs 7.94 crore to a company owned by Robert Vadra and has no role in the raging controversy over his land deal with realty major DLF.
"The bank has no role in the entire controversy," Corporation Bank Chairman and Managing Director Ajai Kumar told reporters here.
He said the bank had not extended any overdraft facility to Sky Light Hospitality, the company owned by Vadra. "We have not extended any overdraft facility. Some accounting practises have been followed by the company and I cannot comment on that," he said.
Media reports had stated that Sky Light Hospitality had shown in its balance sheet that Corporation bank had given to it an overdraft of Rs 7.94 crore.
The bank has made it clear earlier that no funds by way of loan or overdraft had been given to the company, which is now embroiled in a controversy over a real estate deal with DLF group in Haryana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical