No role in the controversy: Corporation Bank CMD
Kochi: Corporation Bank on Saturday said it had not extended overdraft facility of Rs 7.94 crore to a company owned by Robert Vadra and has no role in the raging controversy over his land deal with realty major DLF.
"The bank has no role in the entire controversy," Corporation Bank Chairman and Managing Director Ajai Kumar told reporters here.
He said the bank had not extended any overdraft facility to Sky Light Hospitality, the company owned by Vadra. "We have not extended any overdraft facility. Some accounting practises have been followed by the company and I cannot comment on that," he said.
Media reports had stated that Sky Light Hospitality had shown in its balance sheet that Corporation bank had given to it an overdraft of Rs 7.94 crore.
The bank has made it clear earlier that no funds by way of loan or overdraft had been given to the company, which is now embroiled in a controversy over a real estate deal with DLF group in Haryana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details