No transfers of government employees with disabled children
New Delhi: A government employee who has to care for a disabled child would now be exempted from transfers.
An order by the ministry of personnel, public grievances and pensions has held that a care giver for a disabled child raises a support system for his or her child over a period of time in the locality where he or she resides which helps them in rehabilitation.
"There has been demand that a government employee who is a care giver of the disabled child may not have to suffer due to displacement by means of routine transfer or rotational transfers," the order said.
According to the June 6 order, an employee, who has a disabled child, serves as the main care giver of such child. Any displacement of such an employee will have a bearing on the systemic rehabilitation of the disabled child since the new environment could prove to be a hindrance for the rehabilitation process of the child.
"Therefore, a government servant who is also a care giver of disabled child may be exempted from the routine exercise of transfer or rotational transfer subject to the administrative constraints," it said.
The order further said that since upbringing and rehabilitation of a disabled child requires financial support, making the government employee choose voluntary retirement on the pretext of routine transfer or rotation would have an adverse impact on the rehabilitation process of the disabled child.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note