No truck with RSS, have never met Bhagwat: Hazare
Nagpur: Activist Anna Hazare on Wednesday said he had never sought RSS` support and Sangh supremo Mohan Bhagwat should not have declared support to his anti-corruption movement.
"I do not personally know RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat, I have never met him," he said in reply to a reporter`s question here, adding Bhagwat should not have said that RSS supported his movement.
Hazare has been accused by some Congress leaders of acting at RSS` behest.
The anti-corruption crusader also said that an agitation would be launched against 14 Union ministers for alleged corruption. These ministers have been sent detailed memos on allegations against them, he said.
"We are waiting for their responses and once received, will ask the Union government about the action it is taking. Otherwise, we will launch a campaign against them."
Hazare is currently touring the state to campaign for a stronger Lokayukta Act for Maharashtra.
Talking about Naxalism, particularly in eastern Vidarbha region which he toured in the last three days, he said the ultras should give up violence and join the mainstream.
He said he was for action against the Naxals, but not a `military action`, as they were "our people" and not "from England". Government should also talk to Naxals, he added.
Hazare also reiterated his demand that `right to reject` should be introduced as a part of election reforms, and claimed that Chief Election Commissioner S Y Qureshi was in favour of the idea.
He said that along with Baba Ramdev, team Anna would launch a nationwide agitation for Lokpal ahead of 2014 general elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?