No truck with RSS, have never met Bhagwat: Hazare
Nagpur: Activist Anna Hazare on Wednesday said he had never sought RSS` support and Sangh supremo Mohan Bhagwat should not have declared support to his anti-corruption movement.
"I do not personally know RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat, I have never met him," he said in reply to a reporter`s question here, adding Bhagwat should not have said that RSS supported his movement.
Hazare has been accused by some Congress leaders of acting at RSS` behest.
The anti-corruption crusader also said that an agitation would be launched against 14 Union ministers for alleged corruption. These ministers have been sent detailed memos on allegations against them, he said.
"We are waiting for their responses and once received, will ask the Union government about the action it is taking. Otherwise, we will launch a campaign against them."
Hazare is currently touring the state to campaign for a stronger Lokayukta Act for Maharashtra.
Talking about Naxalism, particularly in eastern Vidarbha region which he toured in the last three days, he said the ultras should give up violence and join the mainstream.
He said he was for action against the Naxals, but not a `military action`, as they were "our people" and not "from England". Government should also talk to Naxals, he added.
Hazare also reiterated his demand that `right to reject` should be introduced as a part of election reforms, and claimed that Chief Election Commissioner S Y Qureshi was in favour of the idea.
He said that along with Baba Ramdev, team Anna would launch a nationwide agitation for Lokpal ahead of 2014 general elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi