No truck with RSS, have never met Bhagwat: Hazare
Nagpur: Activist Anna Hazare on Wednesday said he had never sought RSS` support and Sangh supremo Mohan Bhagwat should not have declared support to his anti-corruption movement.
"I do not personally know RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat, I have never met him," he said in reply to a reporter`s question here, adding Bhagwat should not have said that RSS supported his movement.
Hazare has been accused by some Congress leaders of acting at RSS` behest.
The anti-corruption crusader also said that an agitation would be launched against 14 Union ministers for alleged corruption. These ministers have been sent detailed memos on allegations against them, he said.
"We are waiting for their responses and once received, will ask the Union government about the action it is taking. Otherwise, we will launch a campaign against them."
Hazare is currently touring the state to campaign for a stronger Lokayukta Act for Maharashtra.
Talking about Naxalism, particularly in eastern Vidarbha region which he toured in the last three days, he said the ultras should give up violence and join the mainstream.
He said he was for action against the Naxals, but not a `military action`, as they were "our people" and not "from England". Government should also talk to Naxals, he added.
Hazare also reiterated his demand that `right to reject` should be introduced as a part of election reforms, and claimed that Chief Election Commissioner S Y Qureshi was in favour of the idea.
He said that along with Baba Ramdev, team Anna would launch a nationwide agitation for Lokpal ahead of 2014 general elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt