No tussle in BJP over PM candidate: Rajiv Pratap Rudy
Patna: BJP on Monday categorically ruled out any tussle among top leaders over the prime minister`s post and said parliamentary board of the party will take a decision on it.
"There is no no tussle within the BJP over the prime ministerial candidate and the party`s top leadership stands united behind the president Rajnath Singh," the party general secretary Rajiv Pratap Rudy told reporters.
He also sought to downplay speculation about the veteran leader LK Advani emerging as a contender for the BJP`s PM candidate yet again after the Delhi unit chief Vijay Goel saying and said that the party`s strategy will be communicated to the media.
Rudy predicted that the BJP will form the next government at the centre by ousting the Congress-led UPA government as it "has lost all credibility".
The country`s economy, he alleged has slipped into a "morass" under prime minister Manmohan Singh with price rise, corruption and current account deficit being major concerns.
"The government is limping for survival on day-to-day basis on the support of SP and BSP even as some allies have lost faith and withdrawn support", he alleged.
The BJP leader said that even the senior Congress leader Digvijay Singh has admitted that the image of the UPA government has taken a beating due to the present two centres of power.
Claiming that an anti-incumbency wave was sweeping against the UPA government, Rudy said that the next general elections may take place in six to eight months.
Rudy also ruled out revival of the third front as a viable political entity and alleged the Communist Parties` bid to do so was nothing more than an "imaginary exercise" even as the credibility of the SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav has eroded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?