North India receives rains
New Delhi: Parts of North India on Friday
received rainfall with monsoons remaining active over most states.
The capital Delhi recorded a maximum of 36.6 degrees celsius, three degrees more than normal and a minimum of 28.8 degrees celsius, two more than the usual.
The humidity recorded was between 76-50 per cent while 0.1 mm of rains were received.
Most parts of Uttar Pradesh received moderate to heavy showers leading to an alarming rise in the water levels of the Ganga and Yamuna.
Gonda received the highest amount of rainfall at 17 cm, followed by Ayodhya and Katerniaghat at 16 cm each, Tarabganj and Jaunpur 15 cm each, Kakardarighat 14 cm and Chatnag 12 cm.
According to central water commission sources, the waters of Ganga and Yamuna are fast rising at various places in the state, especially at Palia Kalan, Elgin Bridge and Ayodhya.
The MeT department here said the monsoon is likely to remain active at many places in east Uttar Pradesh and a few areas in the state`s west in the next 24 hours.
Monsoon today continued to remain active in Himachal Pradesh, particularly in the lower areas.
Kangra district, the catchment for the Pong dam reservoir in Beas river, is receiving heavy rainfall since the last 10 days.
Heavy downpours lashed Palampur town, which recorded 185 mm rainfall.
Elsewhere, Jogindernagar recorded 120 mm rainfall, followed by Gaggal at 118 mm, Nagrota Suriyan 117 mm, Baijnath 114 mm, Dharmshala 113 mm and Dalhousie 77 mm.
Kalpa was the coldest in the state with maximum 15 degrees Celsius, while Una was the hottest at 34.6 deg C.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Uttarakhand: BJP MLA Prem Singh Rana insulted during CM Harish Rawat's speech
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth