Northeastern students meet Narendra Modi
New Delhi: A delegation of students and professionals from North East settled in Delhi on Wednesday met BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and shared the problems faced by them in the national capital.
In the over one-hour meeting, Modi assured them of taking care of their problems once BJP came to power and said the focus of the party would be on improving law and order in Delhi.
Modi told the North-East youth that BJP had plans of constructing hostels on a big scale for them across the country, besides improvement of infrastructure and development of the North Eastern states so that they would not have to come out in large numbers to seek employment opportunities outside.
Modi assured them that he would pursue his suggestion of having 200 policemen from each of the North-Eastern states in Gujarat to provide a sense of security to people from the North East and awareness about people from there.
Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley was also present during the meeting at Gujarat Bhawan where the youth highlighted the "indecent and inhuman" attitude of the police towards them.
The meeting was organised by the chairman of BJP`s North East cell Sunil Deodhar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog