Not much attention was given to organisation: Janardan Dwivedi
New Delhi: With the party still licking the wounds of electoral debacle, a senior Congress leader today said that much attention was not given to the organisation when it was in power.
Janardan Dwivedi, who is the General Secretary in-charge of organisation, said that organisational election is currently the biggest priority for the party in his view but does not know what the priorities of others in the party are.
"In a political organisation, one or the other activity keeps happening. But in my opinion, now the organisation is most important. In my view as long we had a government in Centre, much attention was not given to the organisation," Dwivedi told reporters here.
He added that one of the reasons for it could be that there are some or the other assembly elections every year and the mind and attention of all political parties are stuck in that.
"Due to this not only the organisation is ignored but the truth is also that right policies, programmes and plans also left unattended.
We remain trapped in between a journey from election to election and peoples` work is not attended to even half of the time. This is the plight of all parties and Congress also could not have remained unaffected by it," he said.
Dwivedi`s remarks are significant as organisational weakness was stated as one of the key reasons for the party`s debacle in Lok Sabha polls as well as previous Assembly polls in past in states including Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez