Not much attention was given to organisation: Janardan Dwivedi
New Delhi: With the party still licking the wounds of electoral debacle, a senior Congress leader today said that much attention was not given to the organisation when it was in power.
Janardan Dwivedi, who is the General Secretary in-charge of organisation, said that organisational election is currently the biggest priority for the party in his view but does not know what the priorities of others in the party are.
"In a political organisation, one or the other activity keeps happening. But in my opinion, now the organisation is most important. In my view as long we had a government in Centre, much attention was not given to the organisation," Dwivedi told reporters here.
He added that one of the reasons for it could be that there are some or the other assembly elections every year and the mind and attention of all political parties are stuck in that.
"Due to this not only the organisation is ignored but the truth is also that right policies, programmes and plans also left unattended.
We remain trapped in between a journey from election to election and peoples` work is not attended to even half of the time. This is the plight of all parties and Congress also could not have remained unaffected by it," he said.
Dwivedi`s remarks are significant as organisational weakness was stated as one of the key reasons for the party`s debacle in Lok Sabha polls as well as previous Assembly polls in past in states including Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- WikiLeaks to release 'significant' material on Clinton
- Fernando Alonso praises McLaren as Honda introduce engine upgrades
- Want to get rid of nail biting habit? Try these ways!
- ''Russia pondering alternative games for banned paralympians''
- Mercury's peculiar surface a mystery no more; NASA scientists solve the puzzle!