Now, check-in at Delhi Airport Metro stations
New Delhi/Mumbai: Major domestic airlines will commence check-in services on designated counters on the Delhi Airport Metro Express Line`s three stations from Friday.
National carrier Air India said it would begin checking-in its passengers` luggage at their designated counters on the superfast Metro line, which connects New Delhi Railway Station to Terminal-3 (T3) of the Indira Gandhi International Airport from 3 p.m.
"The facility would be available to our passengers on three stations - New Delhi, Shivaji Stadium and Dhaula Kuan," a senior Air India official told IANS, adding this facility would increase convenience for passengers, save time and spare them hassles in baggage check-in.
"The baggage will automatically get transferred to T-3. This services is free of charge, while passengers have to pay for their own fares till T3," the official said.
Jet Airways said its check-in services will begin at 4 p.m. Friday.
"Effective 1600 hrs (4.00 pm) on June 10, Jet Airways will commence its city check-in service for guests travelling on the airline`s domestic services," said the airline in a statement.
Kingfisher Airlines also confirmed that it will proceed towards operating its check-in counters on the Airport Metro Express, but did not divulge the number of designated counters.
The 23 km-long, high-speed Airport Metro Express, operated by Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group (ADAG) company Reliance Infrastructure, started operations on Feb 24, 2011.
The mega-infrastructure project with an estimated cost of Rs. 5,700-crore, connects New Delhi`s commercial hub to T3 on superfast ferry service which run at a speed of 105 km per hour between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m. everyday.
Passenger fares on the service range from Rs.80 from Shivaji Stadium station and Rs.100 from New Delhi station to T3.
Passengers also have to report between six hours to two and a half hours before their scheduled flight departures if they have to check in baggage on the Airport Express line.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it