Now high-speed accident relief trains for Railways
New Delhi: Aiming at putting rescue and
restoration work on fast track, Railways is finalising a plan
to procure high-speed self-propelled accident relief trains
(SPART) and hydraulic cranes with telescopic boom.
Currently, Railways has 27 self-propelled accident relief
trains which run at 110-km speed. "We are planning to buy 20
high-speed SPART which can run at 200 km per hour speed," said
a senior Railway Ministry official, adding, "These will enable
rescue equipment to reach the accident site at faster pace and
help speedy rescue and restoration work."
Beside, Railways has also decided to import eight
hydraulic cranes with telescopic boom from Europe to
strengthen its disaster management.
We will go for global tenders to buy the new 175-ton
hydraulic cranes with telescopic boom shortly, said the
Railways has 69 hydraulic cranes and the existing crane
has the capacity to lift 140 tons only. Since, the axle load
of coach and wagon has increased, railways need the 175-ton
"The telescopic boom cranes are required to undertake
rescue work inside the tunnel or bridge," he said.
The hydraulic cranes are equipped with cutters, spreaders
and hand operated tools for cutting of coaches for rescue of
passengers trapped inside the coaches in case of an accident.
Telescopic boom cranes are equipped with hydraulic
cutters to cut stainless steel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'