Oak Creek shooting victim Satwant Singh honoured
Amritsar: Satwant Singh, killed in the Oak Creek Gurdwara shooting incident in the United States last year, was honoured at the Golden Temple complex here this evening.
Singh was shot dead on August 5, 2012 during a shooting incident at the Oak Creek Sikh shrine in Wisconsin.
He was one of the founder-members of the shrine.
SGPC president Avtar Singh Makkar and Jatehdar of the Akal Takht, the highest temporal seat of the Sikhs, handed over a gold medal to Satwant`s family at a brief religious ceremony.
Satwant`s family had come to India to receive it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren