Oak Creek shooting victim Satwant Singh honoured
Amritsar: Satwant Singh, killed in the Oak Creek Gurdwara shooting incident in the United States last year, was honoured at the Golden Temple complex here this evening.
Singh was shot dead on August 5, 2012 during a shooting incident at the Oak Creek Sikh shrine in Wisconsin.
He was one of the founder-members of the shrine.
SGPC president Avtar Singh Makkar and Jatehdar of the Akal Takht, the highest temporal seat of the Sikhs, handed over a gold medal to Satwant`s family at a brief religious ceremony.
Satwant`s family had come to India to receive it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers