Oak Creek shooting victim Satwant Singh honoured
Amritsar: Satwant Singh, killed in the Oak Creek Gurdwara shooting incident in the United States last year, was honoured at the Golden Temple complex here this evening.
Singh was shot dead on August 5, 2012 during a shooting incident at the Oak Creek Sikh shrine in Wisconsin.
He was one of the founder-members of the shrine.
SGPC president Avtar Singh Makkar and Jatehdar of the Akal Takht, the highest temporal seat of the Sikhs, handed over a gold medal to Satwant`s family at a brief religious ceremony.
Satwant`s family had come to India to receive it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred