Oak Creek shooting victim Satwant Singh honoured
Amritsar: Satwant Singh, killed in the Oak Creek Gurdwara shooting incident in the United States last year, was honoured at the Golden Temple complex here this evening.
Singh was shot dead on August 5, 2012 during a shooting incident at the Oak Creek Sikh shrine in Wisconsin.
He was one of the founder-members of the shrine.
SGPC president Avtar Singh Makkar and Jatehdar of the Akal Takht, the highest temporal seat of the Sikhs, handed over a gold medal to Satwant`s family at a brief religious ceremony.
Satwant`s family had come to India to receive it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra