Obama names Bombay IIT graduate to key post
Washington: President Barack Obama has appointed Romesh Wadhwani, an Indian American founder of several software and IT companies, on board of trustees of the John F Kennedy Centre for the Performing Arts.
Announcing his intent to appoint Wadhwani and nine other general trustees of the centre, Obama said, "These dedicated men and women bring a wealth of experience and talent to their new roles and I am proud to have them serve in this Administration."
"I look forward to working with them in the months and years to come," added Obama, whose administration has over a score Indian-Americans serving in senior positions, more than any other previous adminstration.
Set up in 1971 as a living memorial to former President John F Kennedy, the centre is the busiest performing arts facility in the United States and annually hosts approximately 2,000 performances for audiences totaling nearly two million.
According to a White House announcement Wadhwani, who received a BA from the Indian Institute of Technology in Bombay and an MS and PhD from Carnegie-Mellon University, is the founder, Chairman, and CEO of Symphony Technology Group.
He is actively involved in Kennedy Centre initiatives, having served as Co-Chair of the Maximum India Festival in 2011 and as a supporter of the 2010 Honours Gala.
He is the founder and Chairperson of the Wadhwani Foundation, and serves on the Board of Trustees of the Centre for Strategic and International Studies.
Previously, Wadhwani was the founder, Chairman, and CEO of several software and IT companies, including Aspect Development, Inc.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn