Omar slams TV channels over Bansal`s resignation
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Saturday slammed television news channels for announcing the resignation of Pawan Kumar Bansal as the Union Railways Minister "hours" before he actually did so.
"So if Pawan Bansal only resigned after 8:30 (pm yesterday), how come channels were announcing that he had resigned hours earlier? Shoddy journalism?" Omar posted on twitter.
Omar said the TV channels should not have gone ahead with announcing Bansal`s resignation before he had submitted his resignation.
"You can say he`s been asked to resign or has decided to resign but he hasn`t actually resigned until he hands in that letter of resignation," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days