Online petition from IITs, IIMs in support of Anna
Ahmedabad: Faculty as well as students of premier educational institutes like IITs and IIMs have launched an online petition on the web to garner support for anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare as his indefinite fast for the Jan Lokpal Bill entered the fifth day on Saturday.
The 1,322-signatories to the petition and counting includes faculty of IIM-Ahmedabad, IIM-Bangalore, IIT-Kanpur, IIT-Gandhinagar and IIT-Guwahati. This petition seeks support to the Gandhian by skipping one meal in the day so long as he (Anna) continues with his fast.
It has also been signed by the students of IITs and IIMs, and is gradually getting popular.
"We have been instructed by the institution not to openly come in favour of the movement, but a lot of support is being garnered in favour of Anna at the institutes at individual level, where faculty and students have signed up this online petition," a person associated with IIM-A who is amongst the signatories of the petition said, preferring anonymity.
Names of four faculty members from IIT-Gandhinagar figures on the portal, who have appealed people to lend support for Anna, and also thank them for joining the online campaign.
The comment of Sachin D Kore, a faculty of IIT-Guwahati on the portal reads "I support Anna`s fast against corruption”.
Sreejith P has posted `Support from IIT-Madras on the portal.
The petition, hosted as www.PetitionOnline.com as a public service on the web, is created by both the faculty and students of IIMs and IITs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon