Online petition from IITs, IIMs in support of Anna
Ahmedabad: Faculty as well as students of premier educational institutes like IITs and IIMs have launched an online petition on the web to garner support for anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare as his indefinite fast for the Jan Lokpal Bill entered the fifth day on Saturday.
The 1,322-signatories to the petition and counting includes faculty of IIM-Ahmedabad, IIM-Bangalore, IIT-Kanpur, IIT-Gandhinagar and IIT-Guwahati. This petition seeks support to the Gandhian by skipping one meal in the day so long as he (Anna) continues with his fast.
It has also been signed by the students of IITs and IIMs, and is gradually getting popular.
"We have been instructed by the institution not to openly come in favour of the movement, but a lot of support is being garnered in favour of Anna at the institutes at individual level, where faculty and students have signed up this online petition," a person associated with IIM-A who is amongst the signatories of the petition said, preferring anonymity.
Names of four faculty members from IIT-Gandhinagar figures on the portal, who have appealed people to lend support for Anna, and also thank them for joining the online campaign.
The comment of Sachin D Kore, a faculty of IIT-Guwahati on the portal reads "I support Anna`s fast against corruption”.
Sreejith P has posted `Support from IIT-Madras on the portal.
The petition, hosted as www.PetitionOnline.com as a public service on the web, is created by both the faculty and students of IIMs and IITs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- AAP has become shelter of comedians not having ideology, says BJP
- Bhagwant Mann must be refrained from entering into Parliament: JD(U)
- Pokemon GO launched in Japan, thousands start hunting and capturing monsters
- Oppressed Dalits will teach a lesson to BJP: Arvind Kejriwal in Gujarat
- Una incident: Dalit victim back in hospital ahead of Rahul Gandhi’s visit under 'political pressure'