Only JPC can do a holistic probe into IPL controversy: CPI-M
New Delhi: The CPI-M on Tuesday said a
`holistic` probe into the entire IPL controversy can only be
carried out by a Joint Parliamentary Committee as enquiries by
different agencies will serve a "partial purpose".
Talking to reporters here, party Politburo member
Sitaram Yechury said, "The entire issue of IPL must be
holistically enquired into as independent lines of probe by
Enforcement Directorate, Income Tax or the CBDT will only
serve partial purpose."
The gravity and enormity of the scam could be pin-
pointed and the guilty identified "only if such a holistic
probe is done by the JPC", he said.
To questions on the efficacy of a JPC probe, Yechury
said these independent agencies could be asked by the JPC to
enquire into various aspects of the matter.
In this context, he said the JPC on multi-crore stock
scam, in which the alleged kingpin was Harshad Mehta, had the
involvement of a large number of public sector banks.
After the recommendations of the JPC in this case,
came the demat scam involving Ketan Parekh. "But no public
sector bank was involved. So, rubbishing of JPC probe is wrong
and we will continue to press our demand."
On the telephone tapping issue, he said Intelligence
agencies should be put under a system of Parliamentary
"We are open for a discussion on what mechanism can be
evolved for this purpose. But parliamentary oversight is
necessary," Yechury said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Amethi: Rahul Gandhi faces protests from angry villagers
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'