Ordinance controversy: Kamal Nath says its Congress` "internal matter"
Chhindwara: Hinting at withdrawal of Ordinance on convicted lawmakers, which was junked by Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi recently, at October 2 Cabinet meeting, Union Parliamentary Affairs minister Kamal Nath on Monday sought to downplay the controversy terming it as an "internal matter" of Congress.
"This is an internal matter of Congress and will be resolved soon. Union cabinet, which is meeting on October 2, will discuss the issue to give good results to people of the country," Nath told reporters at airstrip here.
However, he did not elaborate on "good results" against the perception that the fate of the ordinance was sealed after Rahul denounced it.
Nath, accompanied by Jyotiraditya Scindia--union minister and chief of state Congress election campaign committee--arrived here enroute to Betul to address a party rally.
On upcoming Assembly elections, Nath said there was an anti-incumbency wave sweeping across Madhya Pradesh and people will teach a lesson to BJP government for making tall claims of development.
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan is seeking third term in the elections due by year-end.
Scindia said rallies planned by Congress to appeal to people to effect `Satta Parivartan` (change of regime) will soon cover all districts of state.
Scotching reports of factionalism, Scindia said the principal aim of Congress was to oust BJP government from power in Madhya Pradesh and party leaders are united on the cause.
"None of us is a claimant to the Chief Minister`s post," he said.
Congress general secretary in-charge of Madhya Pradesh, Mohan Prakash said the party organisation in state was robust. "Congress is confident of forming government with people`s blessings," he added.
State unit Congress president Kantilal Bhuria said the ruling BJP government had done precious little for welfare of tribals.
Meanwhile, Kamini Shah, the BJP Women Front president of Chhindwara district, today crossed over to Congress.
Later, the Congress leaders left for Betul to address the rally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof