Over 13 lakh Railway employees to get bonus
New Delhi: Around 13.05 lakh employees of the Railways are in for a bonanza with the government Thursday announcing productivity-linked bonus to them equivalent to 75
days of their wages for the financial year 2008-09.
The decision that will have financial implications to the tune of Rs 889 crore was taken at the Union Cabinet meeting chaired by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
The beneficiaries of the bonus would be non-gazetted employees of the railways and exclude Railway Protection Force and Railway Protection Special Force, Information and
Broadcasting Minister Ambika Soni told reporters.
This will be the highest productivity-linked bonus to be made by the Railways. Last year, the bonus was paid for 73 days of wages.
The wage calculation ceiling prescribed for payment of the bonus to non-gazetted railway employees is Rs 3,500 per month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie