PAC pulls up Fin Min for delay in reports
New Delhi: A Parliamentary committee on Thursday
pulled up the Finance Ministry for delay in submitting action
"The committee is perturbed to note that despite repeated
assurance given year after year by the ministries and
departments especially by the Ministry of Finance that
necessary remedial measures would be taken to ensure timely
submission of action taken notes, none of the defaulter
ministries, barring railways and Defence, could furnish the
reports in time," the Public Accounts Committee headed by BJP
leader Murali Manohar Joshi said in its report.
The committee, therefore, has asked the secretaries of
respective ministries to take appropriate and urgent remedial
and corrective measures to ensure that action taken notes on
panel`s recommendation are finalised and submitted invariably
within the stipulated time limit.
There was a delay of four months and six days by the
Finance Ministry in submitting the action taken notes on PAC
recommendations, it said, adding that the Ministry was
expected to act as a role model for submitting reports on
There are also delays by the Home Ministry, Labour and
Employment Ministry, Urban Development Ministry and Postal
Department in submitting action taken notes, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Priyanka Chopra's mother not making acting debut
- Injured Jesse Ryder ends Essex stay
- After 22 months, NASA regains contact with sun-watching STEREO-B spacecraft!
- Parents, beware: Your lack of involvement might be making your child obese!
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley to inaugurate BRICS meet on arbitration