Pak man`s killing: 17 Indians back in Sharjah jail
Dubai: Seventeen Indians, whose death
sentence for killing a Pakistani was revoked after the blood
money was paid, were sent back to a Sharjah jail in the wake
of demands for compensation by two men injured in the same
incident, days before they were to fly back home.
The 17 Indians, mostly from Punjab, were pardoned after
over Rs 4 crore was paid as blood money to the victim`s
family. They now face a travel ban owing to a "technical
error", the law firm handling the case has said.
"It`s a technical error in the judgement document which
can only be rectified by a higher court in Abu Dhabi," a
lawyer from Mohamed Salman Advocates and Legal Consultants
According the lawyer, even though the authorities are
keen to close the case, getting dates will take some time.
The 17 Indians were to be deported on Saturday last.
SP Singh Oberoi, the Dubai-based hotelier who helped
raise the blood money, said the men who were shifted to an
out-jail were sent back to the Sharjah Central Jail on
Thursday as a travel ban was imposed on them following an
application filed by two men who had been injured in the
Arrangements such as tickets and out-passes had been made
to fly them back home but now they can`t go without settling
According to Singh, their families in Punjab have been
informed about the delay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi