‘Pak not serious in punishing Mum attackers’
Bangalore: Accusing Pakistan of not being
serious in punishing perpetrators of the Mumbai terror
attacks, External Affairs Minister SM Krishna on Saturday said
India has provided enough evidence for their prosecution.
He also made it clear that Pakistan was to be blamed
for the suspension of the composite dialogue after the 26/11
terror strikes and said it has to take the initiative for the
resumption of the process.
"According to legal experts, the six dossiers which we
have provided to Pakistan contain enough evidence against the
conspirators, abettors and perpetrators of the Mumbai terror
attacks to get them punished in a court of law," he told
"If Pakistan were to be serious about taking the
logical steps to punish those responsible for the attack on
India or Mumbai, this is an instance that they can show to the
world and India that they are serious," he said.
The minister said India has given to Pakistan the
names and other details of those involved in the strikes in
"It is but natural that they should arrest all those
and bring them to justice," he said.
Krishna said New Delhi will keep engaging Pakistan on
the "logical follow up" that should be taken. "We expect that
it will be done," he said.
Asked about Pakistan Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood
Qureshi`s remarks that India is not coming forward for
resumption of talks, Krishna said, "India was happily
continuing with its composite dialogue till the Mumbai attacks
which abruptly ended, temporarily, the composite dialogue.
"So, I think Pakistan has to blame itself for the
suspension of the composite dialogue and again it has to be
Pakistan`s initiative now to satisfy India`s requirement for
the resumption of composite dialogue," he said.
The minister said India is fully aware that Pakistan
is the "epicentre of terror in this region". This, he said,
has been brought to the notice of Pakistan as well as friendly
On a question about incursion by a Chinese helicopter
in Leh sector recently, Krishna sought to downplay the
incident saying there was an in-built mechanism to deal with
"Whenever they take place this mechanism comes into
operation and things are settled," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical