‘Pak not serious in punishing Mum attackers’
Bangalore: Accusing Pakistan of not being
serious in punishing perpetrators of the Mumbai terror
attacks, External Affairs Minister SM Krishna on Saturday said
India has provided enough evidence for their prosecution.
He also made it clear that Pakistan was to be blamed
for the suspension of the composite dialogue after the 26/11
terror strikes and said it has to take the initiative for the
resumption of the process.
"According to legal experts, the six dossiers which we
have provided to Pakistan contain enough evidence against the
conspirators, abettors and perpetrators of the Mumbai terror
attacks to get them punished in a court of law," he told
"If Pakistan were to be serious about taking the
logical steps to punish those responsible for the attack on
India or Mumbai, this is an instance that they can show to the
world and India that they are serious," he said.
The minister said India has given to Pakistan the
names and other details of those involved in the strikes in
"It is but natural that they should arrest all those
and bring them to justice," he said.
Krishna said New Delhi will keep engaging Pakistan on
the "logical follow up" that should be taken. "We expect that
it will be done," he said.
Asked about Pakistan Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood
Qureshi`s remarks that India is not coming forward for
resumption of talks, Krishna said, "India was happily
continuing with its composite dialogue till the Mumbai attacks
which abruptly ended, temporarily, the composite dialogue.
"So, I think Pakistan has to blame itself for the
suspension of the composite dialogue and again it has to be
Pakistan`s initiative now to satisfy India`s requirement for
the resumption of composite dialogue," he said.
The minister said India is fully aware that Pakistan
is the "epicentre of terror in this region". This, he said,
has been brought to the notice of Pakistan as well as friendly
On a question about incursion by a Chinese helicopter
in Leh sector recently, Krishna sought to downplay the
incident saying there was an in-built mechanism to deal with
"Whenever they take place this mechanism comes into
operation and things are settled," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Check JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 declared on jac.nic.in
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda