Pak prisoner Sanaullah’s condition remains critical
Chandigarh: Pakistani prisoner Sanaullah Ranjay, who was injured in a scuffle with another inmate in a Jammu jail, on Sunday remained critical at PGIMER here.
The prisoner is on ventilator and in deep coma, hospital sources said.
Sanaullah was airlifted from Jammu to the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) on Friday evening.
52-year-old Sanaullah is being looked after by a team of doctors, including neurosurgeons, in the intensive care unit.
A team of Pakistani High Commission officials which visited Sanaullah, a resident of Sialkot in Pakistan, at PGIMER yesterday, is expected to meet the doctors again today to seek a fresh update on his condition.
PGIMER in its update on the his condition had last night said that "the patient had metabolic alterations and coagulation abnormalities, which are being taken care of by concerned specialists and these are gradually being controlled, though they are not totally normal. His blood pressure had been going down, so a third vasopressor had to be added (yesterday)".
Upon his arrival here, PGIMER said Sanaullah was checked by neurosurgeons at the Jammu hospital, where he was first rushed to after the attack on him, "who detected head injuries with a large fracture. CT scan showed multiple contusions with severe brain edema (brain capillaries damaged due to head injury)."
Sanuallah is serving a life term after being convicted under TADA provisions following his arrest in 1999.
Two prison officials, including Jail Superintendent Rajni Sehgal, had been suspended by the Jammu and Kashmir government in connection with the assault.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo