Pak prisoner Sanaullah’s condition remains critical
Chandigarh: Pakistani prisoner Sanaullah Ranjay, who was injured in a scuffle with another inmate in a Jammu jail, on Sunday remained critical at PGIMER here.
The prisoner is on ventilator and in deep coma, hospital sources said.
Sanaullah was airlifted from Jammu to the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) on Friday evening.
52-year-old Sanaullah is being looked after by a team of doctors, including neurosurgeons, in the intensive care unit.
A team of Pakistani High Commission officials which visited Sanaullah, a resident of Sialkot in Pakistan, at PGIMER yesterday, is expected to meet the doctors again today to seek a fresh update on his condition.
PGIMER in its update on the his condition had last night said that "the patient had metabolic alterations and coagulation abnormalities, which are being taken care of by concerned specialists and these are gradually being controlled, though they are not totally normal. His blood pressure had been going down, so a third vasopressor had to be added (yesterday)".
Upon his arrival here, PGIMER said Sanaullah was checked by neurosurgeons at the Jammu hospital, where he was first rushed to after the attack on him, "who detected head injuries with a large fracture. CT scan showed multiple contusions with severe brain edema (brain capillaries damaged due to head injury)."
Sanuallah is serving a life term after being convicted under TADA provisions following his arrest in 1999.
Two prison officials, including Jail Superintendent Rajni Sehgal, had been suspended by the Jammu and Kashmir government in connection with the assault.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal