Pakistan apprehends 17 Indian fishermen, 6 boats
Ahmedabad: Pakistan Maritime Security
Agency (PMSA) has apprehended 17 Indian fishermen and seized
their boats from the international maritime border near Jakhau
town of Kutch district, secretary of the National Fish
Workers` Forum Manish Lodhari said Saturday.
PMSA yesterday intercepted seven Indian fishing boats in
the international waters, on which there were 34 fishermen,
PMSA allowed 17 fishermen, who were either too young or
too old, to return to India in one boat, he said.
However, six boats -- Raj Hans, Raj Dhan, Tulsi, Gaj
Raj, Hem Raj and Nayan Prem -- were seized and taken to
Karachi in Pakistan along with 17 fishermen, Lodhari said.
All the boats and the fishermen were from Porbandar area.
Day before yesterday, PMSA apprehended four Indian
fishermen with one boat. According to Porbandar Boat
Association president Hiralal Siyar, an estimated 476 boats of
Gujarati fishermen are in the custody of Pakistani
He further said that over 250 fishermen from the state
are languishing in Pakistani jails, including the 17 who were
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets