Pakistan apprehends 17 Indian fishermen, 6 boats
Ahmedabad: Pakistan Maritime Security
Agency (PMSA) has apprehended 17 Indian fishermen and seized
their boats from the international maritime border near Jakhau
town of Kutch district, secretary of the National Fish
Workers` Forum Manish Lodhari said Saturday.
PMSA yesterday intercepted seven Indian fishing boats in
the international waters, on which there were 34 fishermen,
PMSA allowed 17 fishermen, who were either too young or
too old, to return to India in one boat, he said.
However, six boats -- Raj Hans, Raj Dhan, Tulsi, Gaj
Raj, Hem Raj and Nayan Prem -- were seized and taken to
Karachi in Pakistan along with 17 fishermen, Lodhari said.
All the boats and the fishermen were from Porbandar area.
Day before yesterday, PMSA apprehended four Indian
fishermen with one boat. According to Porbandar Boat
Association president Hiralal Siyar, an estimated 476 boats of
Gujarati fishermen are in the custody of Pakistani
He further said that over 250 fishermen from the state
are languishing in Pakistani jails, including the 17 who were
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!