Pakistan claims arrest of fugitive Indian fisherman
Karachi: The Pakistani police on Tuesday claimed to have rearrested a young Indian fisherman who had escaped from a prison here earlier this year.
According to police officials, an Indian prisoner named Kishore Bhagwan Bhai had escaped from Landhi Jail in February and was arrested again from PIB Colony here, Geo TV reported.
Kishore, son of Bhagwandas, managed to slip out of the jail while cleaning the main gate of the detention facility. He had been brought to the prison on January 29.
He was part of a group of Indian fishermen who were arrested for allegedly entering Pakistan`s territorial waters in January.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30