Pakistani man jailed in Dubai for assaulting Indian girl
Dubai: A Pakistani man has been given a one-year jail term for sexually assaulting a six-year-old Indian girl in Dubai, according to a media report on Monday.
The 29-year-old Pakistani, working as a domestic help, had assaulted the girl on October 18 last year, police said.
The man is believed to have taken the girl from her neighbours` apartment where she was attending a party, taking advantage of the fact that she was by herself at the time, the Khaleej Times reported.
The Court of First Instance found him guilty of sexually assaulting the girl. The defendant, who earlier denied the charge in court, will be deported after serving his sentence.
A policeman said the man "admitted to me that he molested the girl on the terrace of the building" where she lived with her parents.
The defendant can file an appeal within 15 days.
The girl`s mother, a 42-year-old accountant, recalled her daughter looking disturbed and scared shortly after the incident.
"She entered the apartment and told me to shut the door. As I asked her where she was, she recounted that the defendant took her by her hand to the terrace after gagging her," the mother said.
She told investigators that the family had received an invitation to a party at their neighbours` house.
Being busy, she dressed her daughter and told her to go to the party, saying she would join her later.
But a few minutes later, she was surprised after her neighbour`s son came to her home and asked about her daughter.
As she was about to go out to look for the girl, she saw the latter standing at the door and looking disturbed, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble