Pakistan’s ex-PM briefly detained in India
Jaipur: A 19-member Pakistan delegation, which included former prime minister Chaudhry Shujaat Hussain, was on Saturday detained for over two hours after some of them failed to produce their visa documents to security authorities during their Ajmer visit in Rajasthan.
The Pakistan nationals were detained in a hotel following their return from the shrine of Khawaja Moinuddin Chishty in Ajmer.
According to a CID official, eight of the 17 members, excluding Hussain, had no visa documents and passport at the time of their Ajmer visit.
The delegation members said that they had left the papers in a hotel in Jaipur, where they spent Friday night and were scheduled to return after Ajmer visit, he said.
Later, they called the Jaipur hotel and got the papers e-mailed instantly following which they were allowed to leave, the official said.
The delegation returned to Jaipur.
The Pakistan nationals had come to Jaipur to attend a wedding on Friday and on Saturday visited Ajmer dargah.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway