Pakistan’s ex-PM briefly detained in India
Jaipur: A 19-member Pakistan delegation, which included former prime minister Chaudhry Shujaat Hussain, was on Saturday detained for over two hours after some of them failed to produce their visa documents to security authorities during their Ajmer visit in Rajasthan.
The Pakistan nationals were detained in a hotel following their return from the shrine of Khawaja Moinuddin Chishty in Ajmer.
According to a CID official, eight of the 17 members, excluding Hussain, had no visa documents and passport at the time of their Ajmer visit.
The delegation members said that they had left the papers in a hotel in Jaipur, where they spent Friday night and were scheduled to return after Ajmer visit, he said.
Later, they called the Jaipur hotel and got the papers e-mailed instantly following which they were allowed to leave, the official said.
The delegation returned to Jaipur.
The Pakistan nationals had come to Jaipur to attend a wedding on Friday and on Saturday visited Ajmer dargah.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis