Parl session: All-party meet called on Aug 6
New Delhi: With an aim of ensuring a smooth Monsoon Session of Parliament beginning on August 8, an all-party meeting has been called by Speaker Meira Kumar on August 6.
The meeting has been convened in an attempt to seek assurance from leaders of the parties that proceedings of the month-long session would not be disrupted even when they have issues to raise.
Opposition has plans to raise a variety of issues ranging from drought to price rise and corruption.
Congress is expected to name the leader of the Lok Sabha ahead of the Session as Pranab Mukherjee has now become the President.
Mukherjee was the trouble-shooter for the government and would bail it out from difficult situations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!