Parl session: All-party meet called on Aug 6
New Delhi: With an aim of ensuring a smooth Monsoon Session of Parliament beginning on August 8, an all-party meeting has been called by Speaker Meira Kumar on August 6.
The meeting has been convened in an attempt to seek assurance from leaders of the parties that proceedings of the month-long session would not be disrupted even when they have issues to raise.
Opposition has plans to raise a variety of issues ranging from drought to price rise and corruption.
Congress is expected to name the leader of the Lok Sabha ahead of the Session as Pranab Mukherjee has now become the President.
Mukherjee was the trouble-shooter for the government and would bail it out from difficult situations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed