Parl session: All-party meet called on Aug 6
New Delhi: With an aim of ensuring a smooth Monsoon Session of Parliament beginning on August 8, an all-party meeting has been called by Speaker Meira Kumar on August 6.
The meeting has been convened in an attempt to seek assurance from leaders of the parties that proceedings of the month-long session would not be disrupted even when they have issues to raise.
Opposition has plans to raise a variety of issues ranging from drought to price rise and corruption.
Congress is expected to name the leader of the Lok Sabha ahead of the Session as Pranab Mukherjee has now become the President.
Mukherjee was the trouble-shooter for the government and would bail it out from difficult situations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'