Parliament adjourned over `quit PM` demand
New Delhi: Both Houses of Parliament were adjourned amid uproar for the seventh successive day on Thursday as the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) persisted with its demand for Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s resignation over coal block allocations.
When the two Houses met at noon after an earlier adjournment, the Lok Sabha was adjourned for the day after transacting some business amid the din. The Rajya Sabha also conducted some business before it was first adjourned till 2 pm and then for the day.
The Lok Sabha passed the Chemical Weapons Convention (Amendment) Bill, 2012 and AIIMS (Amendment) Bill 2012 before adjourning for the day.
BJP members were on their feet in both Houses demanding the Prime Minister`s resignation over the Comptroller and Auditor General`s (CAG) report on coal block allocation.
The BJP has been forcing adjournments of the house since last week over this demand. It has also sought cancellation of the coal block allotments on the basis of the CAG report and an inquiry by a special investigation team into the allocations.
The BJP and Congress have been going hammer and tongs at each other during this stalemate.
The efforts of presiding officers to break the logjam have not yielded results.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part IV
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part II
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen