Paswan threatens to resign from Lokpal committee
Patna: LJP supremo Ramvilas Paswan Friday
threatened to resign from the Standing Committee on Lokpal in the parliament if Centre failed to ensure representation of SC, ST, women and minorities to the proposed Lokpal.
"I will resign from the Standing Committee considering
the proposal for Lokpal if my demand for giving representation of SC, ST, Women and minorities is not met," Paswan told reporters.
He said he had already made his intention clear during
the meeting of the committee.
Taking a dig at Anna Hazare`s reaction to slapping of Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar, Paswan said, "Anna`s statement is not in good taste."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs