Paswan threatens to resign from Lokpal committee
Patna: LJP supremo Ramvilas Paswan Friday
threatened to resign from the Standing Committee on Lokpal in the parliament if Centre failed to ensure representation of SC, ST, women and minorities to the proposed Lokpal.
"I will resign from the Standing Committee considering
the proposal for Lokpal if my demand for giving representation of SC, ST, Women and minorities is not met," Paswan told reporters.
He said he had already made his intention clear during
the meeting of the committee.
Taking a dig at Anna Hazare`s reaction to slapping of Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar, Paswan said, "Anna`s statement is not in good taste."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days