Paswan threatens to resign from Lokpal committee
Patna: LJP supremo Ramvilas Paswan Friday
threatened to resign from the Standing Committee on Lokpal in the parliament if Centre failed to ensure representation of SC, ST, women and minorities to the proposed Lokpal.
"I will resign from the Standing Committee considering
the proposal for Lokpal if my demand for giving representation of SC, ST, Women and minorities is not met," Paswan told reporters.
He said he had already made his intention clear during
the meeting of the committee.
Taking a dig at Anna Hazare`s reaction to slapping of Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar, Paswan said, "Anna`s statement is not in good taste."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- The Pot Simmers: Beef Politics in UP; Beef Festival in Kerala