Patel, Pawar to hold talks with govt on petrol price
Mumbai: Stating that the common man should get relief from the high petrol prices, Union Minister Praful Patel on Saturday said that he and NCP chief Sharad Pawar would soon hold talks with the government on the issue.
"There is an immediate need to provide relief to the common man. Sharad Pawar and myself will hold talks with the government. We have not happily accepted the hike in fuel prices," Patel told reporters here.
He was replying to questions as to why the NCP has not taken as aggressive a stand as the one taken by West Bengal Chief Minister and chief of Trinamool Congress Mamata Banerjee.
Patel also said people could be given relief by relaxation in taxes and cross subsidy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation