People will corner BJP, Congress in 2014: Kejriwal
New Delhi: Charging the UPA Government of trying to suppress voice of dissent by using Section 66 (A) of Information Technology (IT) Act, activist-turned-politician Arvind Kejriwal on Saturday claimed that the people will corner both the Congress and the Bharatiya Janata Party in General Election of 2014.
"The government doesn`t want to amend the article 66 A to make it flexible. They want to suppress the people`s voice by this law and harass the people who are raising standing against the government and their policies," said Kejriwal.
"I have strong faith that people will corner both the Congress and BJP in coming general election in 2014. The next election will be fought between corrupt leaders and common people of the country," he added.
Reacting to Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh remarks praising the benefits of direct cash transfer scheme, Kejriwal said: "It is only a matter of direct bribing because it is not entitlement, what the government is claiming."
"Entitlement is 25 kg wheat and 10 kg rice not Rs 75. People may buy alcohol from that money instead of food grains for their children and family," he said.
Kejriwal also reiterated that he and his Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) is not trying to insult any individual by bringing out various issues of corruption, but to expose the system and political that how they all are involved in making money by unfair means.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?