People will corner BJP, Congress in 2014: Kejriwal
New Delhi: Charging the UPA Government of trying to suppress voice of dissent by using Section 66 (A) of Information Technology (IT) Act, activist-turned-politician Arvind Kejriwal on Saturday claimed that the people will corner both the Congress and the Bharatiya Janata Party in General Election of 2014.
"The government doesn`t want to amend the article 66 A to make it flexible. They want to suppress the people`s voice by this law and harass the people who are raising standing against the government and their policies," said Kejriwal.
"I have strong faith that people will corner both the Congress and BJP in coming general election in 2014. The next election will be fought between corrupt leaders and common people of the country," he added.
Reacting to Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh remarks praising the benefits of direct cash transfer scheme, Kejriwal said: "It is only a matter of direct bribing because it is not entitlement, what the government is claiming."
"Entitlement is 25 kg wheat and 10 kg rice not Rs 75. People may buy alcohol from that money instead of food grains for their children and family," he said.
Kejriwal also reiterated that he and his Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) is not trying to insult any individual by bringing out various issues of corruption, but to expose the system and political that how they all are involved in making money by unfair means.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon