Phone tapping of BJP leaders their internal operation: Rawat
New Delhi: Water Resources Minister Harish Rawat on Friday termed attempt to tap phones of Bharatiya Janata Party leaders, including Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley’s cell, as an internal operation of the BJP.
“According to information this phone tapping of BJP leaders is their internal operation. A part of their personal tussle,” Harish Rawat said.
Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde is likely to make a statement in Rajya Sabha today on the alleged attempt to tap Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley`s phone.
The BJP has demanded an apology from the government for the alleged phone-tapping. Rajya Sabha witnessed uproar over the issue last week and had to be adjourned.
The BJP has termed the attempt to secure the Call Data Records (CDR) of Jaitley`s mobile phone as a serious matter and demanded an answer from Shinde as to who ordered this unauthorised surveillance.
"This is a government of spies like James Bond and when any government functions in a mafia style then the people of this country does not forgive it. This is a serious crime," said BJP spokesperson Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi.
Private detective Anurag Singh, the alleged main conspirator arrested in connection with the attempt to access call details of Jaitley, was on Tuesday remanded in judicial custody by a Delhi court.
The other three accused -- constable Arvind Dabas, Neeraj and Nitish -- are already in judicial custody.
Anurag had earlier been accused of tapping the phone of former Samajwadi Party leader Amar Singh in 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000