PM Manmohan Singh quotes Iqbal couplet
New Delhi: "Sitaron se aage jahaan aur bhi hain," Prime Minister Manmohan Singh poignantly remarked on Wednesday night.
The remark came when asked by reporters whether he was feeling upbeat after completion of nine years in office and four years of UPA-II.
Singh was quoting a couplet of noted Urdu poet Allama Iqbal which, in full, runs: `Sitaron Se Aage Jahaan Aur Bhi Hain, Abhi Ishq Ke Imtihan Aur Bhi Hain.`
It means `beyond the stars, there are even more worlds; there are still even more tests of passion`.
His remarks were significant as sometime back he had not ruled out a third term as Prime Minister.
"It is for the people to rate," said Singh when asked how he would rate the performance of his government on a one-to- ten scale.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you