PM Manmohan Singh quotes Iqbal couplet
New Delhi: "Sitaron se aage jahaan aur bhi hain," Prime Minister Manmohan Singh poignantly remarked on Wednesday night.
The remark came when asked by reporters whether he was feeling upbeat after completion of nine years in office and four years of UPA-II.
Singh was quoting a couplet of noted Urdu poet Allama Iqbal which, in full, runs: `Sitaron Se Aage Jahaan Aur Bhi Hain, Abhi Ishq Ke Imtihan Aur Bhi Hain.`
It means `beyond the stars, there are even more worlds; there are still even more tests of passion`.
His remarks were significant as sometime back he had not ruled out a third term as Prime Minister.
"It is for the people to rate," said Singh when asked how he would rate the performance of his government on a one-to- ten scale.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog