PM Manmohan Singh quotes Iqbal couplet
New Delhi: "Sitaron se aage jahaan aur bhi hain," Prime Minister Manmohan Singh poignantly remarked on Wednesday night.
The remark came when asked by reporters whether he was feeling upbeat after completion of nine years in office and four years of UPA-II.
Singh was quoting a couplet of noted Urdu poet Allama Iqbal which, in full, runs: `Sitaron Se Aage Jahaan Aur Bhi Hain, Abhi Ishq Ke Imtihan Aur Bhi Hain.`
It means `beyond the stars, there are even more worlds; there are still even more tests of passion`.
His remarks were significant as sometime back he had not ruled out a third term as Prime Minister.
"It is for the people to rate," said Singh when asked how he would rate the performance of his government on a one-to- ten scale.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?