PM may take part in Lokpal debate: Report
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh may lead the government’s defence on Lokpal issue during the debate in the Parliament scheduled to begin today.
As per reports, the Prime Minister will start the debate in the Lok Sabha. Apart from the PM, the Congress has lined a number of speakers to put forward the party view on the issue of Lokpal Bill.
The other important speakers from the government’s side are Kapil Sibal, Sandeep Dikshit, Shashi Tharoor, Meenakshi Natarajan and Vijay Bahuguna.
The BJP would be led by Leader of Opposition Sushma Swaraj. Former union minister Yashwant Sinha and Kirti Azad would also speak from the party’s side.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?