PM may take part in Lokpal debate: Report
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh may lead the government’s defence on Lokpal issue during the debate in the Parliament scheduled to begin today.
As per reports, the Prime Minister will start the debate in the Lok Sabha. Apart from the PM, the Congress has lined a number of speakers to put forward the party view on the issue of Lokpal Bill.
The other important speakers from the government’s side are Kapil Sibal, Sandeep Dikshit, Shashi Tharoor, Meenakshi Natarajan and Vijay Bahuguna.
The BJP would be led by Leader of Opposition Sushma Swaraj. Former union minister Yashwant Sinha and Kirti Azad would also speak from the party’s side.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing