PM may take part in Lokpal debate: Report
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh may lead the government’s defence on Lokpal issue during the debate in the Parliament scheduled to begin today.
As per reports, the Prime Minister will start the debate in the Lok Sabha. Apart from the PM, the Congress has lined a number of speakers to put forward the party view on the issue of Lokpal Bill.
The other important speakers from the government’s side are Kapil Sibal, Sandeep Dikshit, Shashi Tharoor, Meenakshi Natarajan and Vijay Bahuguna.
The BJP would be led by Leader of Opposition Sushma Swaraj. Former union minister Yashwant Sinha and Kirti Azad would also speak from the party’s side.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know how long Sonu Nigam sang on the streets for the ‘beggar’ video
- Know what Irrfan Khan has to say about Marathi blockbuster ‘Sairat’
- Louis van Gaal axed by Manchester United as Jose Mourinho waits in wings
- President Pranab Mukherjee sets off on 4-day visit to China today
- Will Mika Singh's guest appearance on 'The Kapil Sharma Show' cost him 'Comedy Nights LIVE'?