PM meets President, discusses Budget session
New Delhi: Ahead of the Parliament session beginning on Monday, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Saturday met President Pratibha Patil and discussed the upcoming Budget session.
The meeting - the first between the two leaders after the results of the Assembly elections in five states were announced on March 6 - lasted for 30 minutes, officials said.
"The two leaders discussed about the upcoming Budget session. They also discussed various other issues of national and international importance," a Rashtrapati spokesperson said in a statement here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- India’s bid for NSG membership blocked as member countries fail to arrive at a consensus
- 'Raped woman' remark: Finally, Salman Khan speaks to media - Here's what he said
- 'Unguided missile Subramanian Swamy has backfired at BJP'
- Applications of Pak, India for NSG membership cannot be considered in isolation: Pakistan Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- US election is about more than beating Donald Trump: Senator Bernie Sanders