PM meets President, discusses Budget session
New Delhi: Ahead of the Parliament session beginning on Monday, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Saturday met President Pratibha Patil and discussed the upcoming Budget session.
The meeting - the first between the two leaders after the results of the Assembly elections in five states were announced on March 6 - lasted for 30 minutes, officials said.
"The two leaders discussed about the upcoming Budget session. They also discussed various other issues of national and international importance," a Rashtrapati spokesperson said in a statement here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video