PM not visiting Pak as 26/11 terrorists not punished: Rehman Malik

Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has deferred his much awaited visit to Pakistan as the neighbouring country has not yet punished anyone involved in Mumbai terror attack, Pakistani Interior Minister Rehman Malik said.

New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has deferred his much awaited visit to Pakistan as the neighbouring country has not yet punished anyone involved in Mumbai terror attack, Pakistani Interior Minister Rehman Malik said on Sunday.

Malik said Pakistan has already invited him to visit that country and yesterday too he had renewed that invitation.

"I told him that people of Pakistan want to see him, especially the people of village Chatwal where he has born. But his point of view was that my people here ask what you have done for the people who suffered during 26/11. He has his points," he said.

Malik, who was delivering a lecture at Observer Research Foundation here, said the Prime Minister is in two capacities - one he is Mr Manmohan Singh, and second he is the Prime Minister of India.

"He has his constituency and that constituency is people of India. The perception created in India is that Pakistan is doing nothing for 26/11 case in Pakistan or Mumbai blast (26/11). Of course he wants some effective action," he said.

The Pakistani leader said his country would be able to satisfy Singh after the visit of the Second Judicial Commission which will cross examine four Indian witnesses and would facilitate expediting the 26/11 case in Pakistan.

"Two-three things he had mentioned and I promised we will do it. The moment the second Commission comes, I have no doubt in my mind that we will be able to satisfy him. He has to satisfy his constituency. I think he wants to ensure that he has some good answer to that.

"I have committed with him that I will do my best. We have to expedite the case. It was a good meeting. I am quite satisfied. I hope that he will reconsider the decision," he said.

PTI

Zee News App: Read latest news of India and world, bollywood news, business updates, cricket scores, etc. Download the Zee news app now to keep up with daily breaking news and live news event coverage.