PM not visiting Pak as 26/11 terrorists not punished: Rehman Malik
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has deferred his much awaited visit to Pakistan as the neighbouring country has not yet punished anyone involved in Mumbai terror attack, Pakistani Interior Minister Rehman Malik said on Sunday.
Malik said Pakistan has already invited him to visit that country and yesterday too he had renewed that invitation.
"I told him that people of Pakistan want to see him, especially the people of village Chatwal where he has born. But his point of view was that my people here ask what you have done for the people who suffered during 26/11. He has his points," he said.
Malik, who was delivering a lecture at Observer Research Foundation here, said the Prime Minister is in two capacities - one he is Mr Manmohan Singh, and second he is the Prime Minister of India.
"He has his constituency and that constituency is people of India. The perception created in India is that Pakistan is doing nothing for 26/11 case in Pakistan or Mumbai blast (26/11). Of course he wants some effective action," he said.
The Pakistani leader said his country would be able to satisfy Singh after the visit of the Second Judicial Commission which will cross examine four Indian witnesses and would facilitate expediting the 26/11 case in Pakistan.
"Two-three things he had mentioned and I promised we will do it. The moment the second Commission comes, I have no doubt in my mind that we will be able to satisfy him. He has to satisfy his constituency. I think he wants to ensure that he has some good answer to that.
"I have committed with him that I will do my best. We have to expedite the case. It was a good meeting. I am quite satisfied. I hope that he will reconsider the decision," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APICET 2016 Results: (apicet.net.in) AP ICET Result 2016, AP Integrated Common Entrance Test Results to be declared today on May 27 at 9 AM
- CHSE Odisha Plus Two (Class 12) Exam Results 2016 is likely to be declared today anytime soon - Check orissaresults.nic.in and chseodisha.nic.in
- Trump would approve oil pipeline project blocked by Obama on green concerns
- Deep-water search for EgyptAir black boxes to start soon
- Britain plans to send warship to fight smuggling of people, arms off Libya: Cameron