PM protester an RJD man, Delhi unit disbanded
New Delhi: RJD`s Delhi unit was disbanded by party chief Lalu Prasad on Saturday after the man, who protested against the Prime Minister at a conference here, was found to be the head of its state legal cell.
"I strongly condemn it. Santosh Kumar Suman was made a member of the party by the Delhi state unit without verifying his credentials. He was made the in-charge (of the legal cell) one-and-half-year back," party chief chief Lalu Prasad said from Patna.
"When we verified about him after this incident today, it came to light that he had earlier also written against the Prime Minister. Hence I have disbanded the entire Delhi unit of RJD. I will reconstitute it once I am back to Delhi in the evening," he said.
Prasad also said he will write to the concerned Bar Council to cancel the licence of Suman, who is a lawyer.
Prasad`s close associate and party MP Ramkripal Yadav said, "RJD is with UPA and cannot allow any such act. This has nothing to with our party. Somebody did it as an individual and we have taken action."
Meanwhile, arch rival JD-U backed Suman saying the protest by the young lawyer was an act of `satyagarah` (protest for truth).
"It was a display of personal courage by him (Suman). This is individual satyagrah. He neither harmed anybody nor vandalised furniture but only reflected the angst among people at large over the government`s so-called reform measures," JD-U chief Sharad Yadav said here.
At the same time, he added that such individual courage alone cannot solve the problem unless people unite on such issues.
Earlier at an international conference here, 32-year-old Santosh Kumar Suman, a member of the Supreme Court Bar Association, stood on the desk, took off his shirt and shouted, "Prime Minister, go back. Roll back diesel prices" as soon as the Prime Minister got up to deliver his address.
The conference, organised by Indian Law Institute, was attended by legal luminaries from across Asia besides Chief Justice of India S H Kapadia and Law Minister Salman Khurshid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!
- CBSE Board Results 2015: Class 10 Results to be declared on May 28 on cbse.nic.in