PM should quit over coal scam: Venkaiah Naidu
Hyderabad: Senior BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu on Sunday demanded the resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, saying that "unprecedented" corruption took place in the UPA dispensation.
"Along with the Prime Minister, other Union ministers, who were facing allegations of corruption, should also step down," Naidu told reporters here.
As part of the nation-wide dharnas called by the party to highlight several scams and graft unearthed during the UPA regime, the BJP leader was here to led a protest march from Baghlingampally here.
A BJP release claimed that the party leaders were detained by the police as they were proceeding.
Andhra Pradesh BJP president G Kishan Reddy and other party leaders participated in the event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?