PM should quit over coal scam: Venkaiah Naidu
Hyderabad: Senior BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu on Sunday demanded the resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, saying that "unprecedented" corruption took place in the UPA dispensation.
"Along with the Prime Minister, other Union ministers, who were facing allegations of corruption, should also step down," Naidu told reporters here.
As part of the nation-wide dharnas called by the party to highlight several scams and graft unearthed during the UPA regime, the BJP leader was here to led a protest march from Baghlingampally here.
A BJP release claimed that the party leaders were detained by the police as they were proceeding.
Andhra Pradesh BJP president G Kishan Reddy and other party leaders participated in the event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley