PM should quit over coal scam: Venkaiah Naidu
Hyderabad: Senior BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu on Sunday demanded the resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, saying that "unprecedented" corruption took place in the UPA dispensation.
"Along with the Prime Minister, other Union ministers, who were facing allegations of corruption, should also step down," Naidu told reporters here.
As part of the nation-wide dharnas called by the party to highlight several scams and graft unearthed during the UPA regime, the BJP leader was here to led a protest march from Baghlingampally here.
A BJP release claimed that the party leaders were detained by the police as they were proceeding.
Andhra Pradesh BJP president G Kishan Reddy and other party leaders participated in the event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!