PM should quit over coal scam: Venkaiah Naidu
Hyderabad: Senior BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu on Sunday demanded the resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, saying that "unprecedented" corruption took place in the UPA dispensation.
"Along with the Prime Minister, other Union ministers, who were facing allegations of corruption, should also step down," Naidu told reporters here.
As part of the nation-wide dharnas called by the party to highlight several scams and graft unearthed during the UPA regime, the BJP leader was here to led a protest march from Baghlingampally here.
A BJP release claimed that the party leaders were detained by the police as they were proceeding.
Andhra Pradesh BJP president G Kishan Reddy and other party leaders participated in the event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH