PM should quit over coal scam: Venkaiah Naidu
Hyderabad: Senior BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu on Sunday demanded the resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, saying that "unprecedented" corruption took place in the UPA dispensation.
"Along with the Prime Minister, other Union ministers, who were facing allegations of corruption, should also step down," Naidu told reporters here.
As part of the nation-wide dharnas called by the party to highlight several scams and graft unearthed during the UPA regime, the BJP leader was here to led a protest march from Baghlingampally here.
A BJP release claimed that the party leaders were detained by the police as they were proceeding.
Andhra Pradesh BJP president G Kishan Reddy and other party leaders participated in the event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- India, Bangladesh enclave residents get freedom after 68 years