PM to ink extradition treaty during Saudi Arabia visit
Riyadh: Issues of security and combating
extremism in the region are likely to dominate parleys between
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and leaders of Saudi Arabia, who
are also expected to sign an extradition treaty during the
former`s three-day visit to this country later this week.
Singh will lead a high-level delegation of senior
ministers, officials and businessmen to Saudi Arabia on
February 27, and will hold talks with King Abdullah on a
number of bilateral and regional matters of mutual concern.
Indian Ambassador to Saudi Arabia Talmiz Ahmad told the
media that the talks will also focus on Palestine, besides the
situation in Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan and Yemen.
"Security cooperation will constitute the basis of our
dialogue. Both countries are extremely concerned about the
rise of extremism and violence, directly threatening our
security," he said.
Ahmed said both India and Saudi Arabia are aware of the
connectivity of extremist forces that have sanctuary and safe
haven in the Af-Pak border area and are seeking to penetrate
other countries of the region, the envoy said.
"India is concerned about the situation in Afghanistan
and Pakistan, and Saudi Arabia is concerned about the
situation in Yemen," he said.
The two countries will sign an extradition treaty, a
number of MoUs and agreements on transfer of sentenced
persons, scientific and technological cooperation, peaceful
use of outer space and cooperation in the IT sector, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know